2020 in review
by Bossy Lee
The memorable moments that I remembered in last 12 months.👨🏻💻
- Attended reservist with a new unit. Made new friends, one of them work in FB and later he offered to send in a referral for me. I feel that age is catching up because taking on night duties kills me. 😢
- Started writing a daily journal 📔 in a single plain text file. The decision to use a text file was motivated by this post on hacker news. Took me sometime before settling on a format that works for me.
- On 20th March. After my lunch yoga session, I went back to an empty office. Not a single soul. Feels like being in a resident evil setting. Later I found out, someone in the office contracted Covid-19 so everyone was ask to evacuate. This month I also celebrated my 38 years living on this planet.
- 🇸🇬 started Circuit Breaker on 7th April. I have been working from home since March. I always wanted to work from home so I'm very comfortable with it. But looking back I realised that working from home and working remotely is two very different things. Another scary moment was that everyone was scrambling for grocery and masks.It feels like the world 🌍 is ending. Looking back, SG Gov while not perfect did an amazing job in managing supplies.
- Starting my job hunt and work on my personal finance - better late than never
- My daughter turns 1. Not sure how to put it but because of WFH, I was able to spend more time with my family and did not missed any important moments. I also started getting serious 🧐 in building my Bosslee Tech Support YouTube channel. Set a goal of having 1000 subscribers by the end of 2020. I closed off the year with 280 subscribers. I'm still trying to figure out "who are my audience"
- Brought a Udemy course on building Shopify apps. Wanted to get into building apps for platform. Super motivated 😎at the start but when it goes deep into REACT, I fell off. Starts to realise that either coding is not for me or I am doing it wrong. Either way I still have not figured it out.
- Got into Facebook interview loop. Super excited 😜about the opportunity. I did not get it but the interview experience was like none other I had. Link
- Got assigned to a new project at work. Released bunch of work before 9.9. Convinced that my strength lies in managing people and projects.
- Send in registration letter. Restarting yoga. Starting with 3 times a week every morning.
- Moved to a new job. 1st week into the job. Not sure if it was because I had a long break or I'm not used to the culture. I do not like it. Now in comparision Alibaba is a much more globalised company than other Chinese tech companies.
- My girl graduated from infant class and did her first potty 🚽 💩. Credits goes to my awesome wife.
Finally I thought this is a good photo coverage of the year in review