- Amazon: Amazon has been given an option to acquire 4.2% stake in Yodel, which according to the article was recently voted Britain’s worst parcel delivery service for the second year running. This puts Yodel valuation at £207M.
- Apple: The rumour on a 12-inch iPad is still alive.
- China: Chinese authorities launched a crackdown on the use fake telecommunication base stations. They detained 1,530 people. Seized 2,600 fake base stations. This is how bad the telecom sectors gets in China.
- Facebook: Facebook buys Oculus VR for $2Bn. Oculus VR makes the Oculus Rift a virtual reality headset. The $2Bn is split into $400M in cash and 23.1M Facebook shares. Oculus has yet to ship a consumer product, but has 75k developer-users.
- Google: Gmail just made your newsletter prettier. You will only see it if you have the promotions tab enabled.
- HTC: HTC One (M8) is out. It comes with a 5.0 inch 1080p screen, Snapdragon 801 processor and 2GB of RAM. But the camera needs to be better. Read Verge review, or skip it and just stick with an iPhone 😀
- King: Candy Crush games developer King goes IPO today. Candy Crush was the most downloaded free mobile app of 2013. However here is a caution note, its top three games – Candy Crush Saga, Pet Rescue Saga and Farm Heroes Saga – accounted for 95% of its total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2013.