- Alibaba: Alibaba is going to IPO in the US. Yhe company is expecting to raise $15B but there are no specific dates given. And in case you are rushing to invest in these Chinese Tech stocks, Weibo the China’s equivalent of Twitter also files for $500 million U.S. IPO.
- Apple: This is a download link to an interview with Apple SVP of Design Jonathan Ive conducted by the UK’s Sunday Times.. 9to5mac made the scan because it’s behind a paywall. Gist of the article: Design is hard work.
- Business Insider: The company raised another $12M bringing it a total of $30M. The money comes from existing investors and they said they will not be profitable in 2014. smells fishy but it’s interesting to see what journalism has become, the competition for clicks rather than readership.
- WhatsApp: Screenshots of doing voice calls with WhatsApp. warning: site is in italian
- Xiaomi: Xiaomi, announced its phablet – the Redmi Note. Powered by an MTK6592 octa-core processor with a 5.5-inch HD display. Sounds kind of like “Samsung’s Galaxy Note”? It’s funny how company sought to copy from it each other.