I had earlier on blog about changing to Opera browser because on that particular day, Opera Mini was approved on Iphone and that very day I decided to leave firefox. Who would have thought, less than 3 hours later I am back on Firefox.
Why? (my 2 cents worth of opinion)
- Opera browser provides Opera Widgets – which performs similar functions like Firefox addons (I thought) and I was wrong, Opera Widgets is very like a application that runs separately on your desktop. Yes. Opera Widgets is cool and it have popular widgets like twitter and ebay. But what I am looking was for the Widgets to integrate seamlessly into the browser. (Just like the Stumble! Upon toolbar in my firebox) This was only possible for firefox. Plus Stumble! Upon and Yahoo toolbar is not available on Opera Widgets, so seeking an alternative Google toolbar on opera does not provide good review too.
- As for the other tools that Opera provide:
- Opera turbo – I personally could not differentiate the difference in speed.
- Opera Unite – just a social community site but with added functions of applications for sharing, there too many of these available online. Facebook / twitter/SU and wordpress is good enough for me.
- Opera Link – did not try
- Opera Mail – did not try
- My own habits – I am just too used to firefox, I have customize the locations of my bookmarks the relevant tags and I could easily punch out the links I want on firefox. While on Opera, everything is new again. I give myself sometime to get used to it but I grew frustrated because things start to move slower…productivity drop:( & I am always thinking how fast I could access the commands on firefox, thus I am back
And I will be a firefox user till … something more powerful or more user friendly comes up “_
image source from (http://aboutonlinetips.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/firefox.png)