It’s just been a few days since the release of the new range of kindles. And online especially for the Kindle Fire, it has been swarm with reviews and first impression. I had a kindle 3 once, in fact just 2 months ago but the screen froze and I had to send it back to Amazon.
Under the Amazon warrant, I was able to get back the full refund and Amazon also return me the shipping fee for shipping it back to US. (Thumbs up for Amazon) even thou I am quite disappointment with the QUALITY of Kindle 3.
Since I sent back the Kindle 3, I am left without an eReader and was serious considering an ipad. But just days before, Kindle Fire came to light.
Certainly Kindle you light up my fire for you again! priced at US$199 about 60% cheaper than ipad. Why Not? Plus it has all the functions that I need and even better considering I paid US$114 for Kindle 3 with special offer. It is just US$85.00 more and I get the following:
- read magazines in color and picture which is a much better experience than kindle 3
- reading pdf will certainly be much a better experience (expect that I may not be able to read as long compared to eInk.
- I can watch videos on the go!
- Checking email as well
Apart from the above, I can still get the functions below which I MAY NOT or CANNOT use! because these services may be just available to the US market.
- 18 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, and books
- Amazon Appstore – thousands of popular apps and games
- Ultra-fast web browsing – Amazon Silk
- Free cloud storage for all your Amazon content
- Vibrant color touchscreen with extra-wide viewing angle
- Fast, powerful dual-core processorAmazon Prime members enjoy unlimited, instant streaming of over 10,000 popular movies and TV shows
The question in mind is suppose Amazon sends me a kindle Fire that does not work well again, can they send me a new one? instead of just a refund? Because in the case of my Kindle 3, it was a ad supported version and for the ad supported version it is only available for the US market which I order through a 3rd party logistic unlike Kindle 3 without ads, it can be shipped straight to the international customers thus if anything happen to kindle 3 without ads, Amazon will send you a new one.
hmmmmmmmm. Should I??? 2 cents thoughts.